In detail, Chicago has:
1. at least 3 million people
2. harbors, parks, beaches, clubs, and ethnic restaurants
3. 29 miles of lakefront, museums, neighborhood festivals, and cultural attractions
People visit the city as often as winds do. Also, tourists favor the mid-western hospitality of the people. They also share stories of their enjoyment in going to exhibits in museums like Degas, Monet, and the whimsical "Cows on Parade" of Summer 1999.
The businesses blended with the multicultural aspects of the city are said to be the driving "winds" that spur creativity among people who visit or study in Chicago. As always, it is inevitable to have fashion schools within a city that celebrate and support the arts and dynamism of culture.
The following are some featured fashion design schools in Illinois:
1. The International Academy of Design and Technology is located in Chicago.
The institute offers the following degree programs:
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Fashion Design and Marketing
• Associate of Applied Science in Fashion Design and Marketing
The curriculum of Fashion and Design assimilates the study of new trends and innovations in the thriving international industry of fashion with the mastery of traditional skills, thus providing a holistic background to both fashion amateurs and masters alike when it comes to designing.
• Bachelor of Arts, Major in Merchandising Management
• Associate of Applied Science in Merchandising Management
The program of Merchandising Management provides students and professionals as well as with the opportunity to contend with in the job market by integrating theoretical concepts with practical implementations. However, students can rest assured that after graduation their skills on developing suitable visual displays, and utilizing appropriate business practices and scales are honed to help them achieve profitability in the long run.
2. The Illinois Institute of Art is primarily situated in Schaumburg. The degree programs they offer vary by location.
The Illinois Institute of Art is, basically, an association of schools in different locations. Collectively, the Art Institute is considered a leader in the area of applied science education.
Their courses such as Fashion Marketing and Fashion Design are restructured on a regular basis to reveal ideas garnered from industry advisors, leaders, and employers for relevance and practical applications in the marketplace.
The Art Institute also possesses seasoned faculty members who are also affiliated to the local community of functions. Thus, this provides students with plenty of occasions for consultation with industry professionals and practicing designers. As students' knowledge and skills improve through the programs, they are required to plan an initial design and execute it into a finished product to cap their stay in the institution.
3. International Academy of Design and Technology
The school has campuses in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Orlando. They provide program areas and a variety of degree levels designed to fit your unique career track. In detail, they offer:
• Diploma in Fashion Design
• Diploma in Merchandising and Fashion Marketing
These are only three among the plenty list of schools in this city. The decision now lies in your hand. Within the "windy city" are competitions and strict training from various places in the job arena. Where do you think the "will of the wind inside you" will bring you and your high hopes of hitting it big in the fashion industry?